- ASP.NET = ASP + .NET
- ASP.NET supports ASP objects [Request, Response, Session, Application, Server], it is added with new object cache.
- These objects can be called as ASP.NET Intrinsic Objects [ Object will be created implicitly, this makes intrinsic objects ]
- ASP.NET supports .NET High Level Language's for programming and Base Class Libraries can be used.
ASP a technology comes with IIS in the form of asp.dll for server side code execution.
ASP comes with 2 things :
- Scripting Languages towards server side.
- Collection of objects called "ASP objects"
Example : Response, Request, Session, Application and Server.
ASP.NET is a technology providing set of specifications towards web based application development this technology comes with .NET. ASP.NET supports different types of web application
- Normal Web Application :
webpages towards PC based Browser
- Mobile Web Application :
webpages towards Mobile Device micro Browser
- Web Services :
developing business logic towards business 2 business implementation
- AJAX Web Application :
developing webpages with AJAX specification this will complete page submission and redirecting webpage.
|ASP is Interpreted language based on scripting languages like Jscript or VBScript.||ASP.Net is supported by compiler and has compiled language support.|
|ASP has Mixed HTML and coding logic.||Separate code and design logic possible.|
|Limited development and debugging tools available.||Variety of compilers and tools available including the Visual studio.Net.|
|Limited OOPS support.||Completely Object Oriented.|
|Limited session and application state management.||Complete session and application state management.|
|Poor Error handling system.||Full proof error handling possible.|
|No in-built support for XML.||Full XML Support for easy data exchange.|
|No fully distributed data source support.||Fully distributed data source support.|
Tag : ASP.NET